Looking fresh and youthful has a lot to do with what you put in your body. The best way to stay healthy and youthful looking is to eat fresh foods like vegetables and fruit. It’s also important to drink water to stay hydrated. Stacie recommends drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. It would also help to stay away from these five foods:
1. Refined Carbohydrates and Sugar– if you eat a lot of refined carbohydrates and sugar your skin will look older. Eating this way can lead to wrinkles and sagging skin. A few better options are nuts, yogurt and edamame.
2. Salt– salt dehydrates the skin and makes you look tired. It also causes water retention, which will make your eyes and body look puffy.
3. Caffeine– caffeine also dehydrates the skin. It could make you look tired and dry out your skin.
4. Alcohol– drinking alcohol also dehydrates the skin and can cause wrinkles, redness, puffiness and a loss of collagen.
5. Fried Food– fried foods break down collagen, which will make the skin look wrinkled and worn out.